James S. Bastien LICSW, MHD, CMT-P
James Bastien, LICSW MHD, founder of MindfulWay Counseling Services, LLC., is a licensed clinical social worker in Massachusetts and Vermont. He has over 35 years of clinical experience working with children, youth, families, individuals, and groups. James is an acknowledged leader in the development of innovative, effective, and client preferred clinical services. James incorporates, state-of-art, evidenced-based treatment to address a broad range of clinical concerns. James's clinical experience includes:
- Outpatient, community-based, mental health counseling.
- Design and development of the Brattleboro Retreat's Uniformed Services Program .. an evidenced-based, partial hospitalization program for veterans, police officers, firefighters, EMTs, and correctional officers.
- Design and development of the Skillful Means Residential Model of care for a large, special needs, residential school and treatment center.
- Founder and Director of Girls and Boystown of New England offering specialized foster care, family-based services and community-based group homes for dependent, neglected, and traumatized children and youth.
- Program developer and consultant to one of the largest behavioral health organizations in the nation, FHC Health Systems, Inc.
- Suicide Prevention for the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA).
- Coordinator of VA Homeless Services throughout the State of Vermont.
- Certified iRest® Teacher, an evidenced-based, body-centered, trauma treatment.
- Core faculty member of the Engaged Mindfulness Institute.
- Certfied Mindfulness Teacher at the Professional Level (CMT-P) by the International Mindfulness Teachers Association.
- Zen Teacher (Sensei) in the Zen Peacemaker Order founded by Roshi Bernard Tetsugen Glassman.
Contact James S. Bastien, LICSW, MHD, CMT-P :
Phone: (802) 332-3929
Fax: (802) 419-8280